According to Ashura reporting from FarsNews:
Rabiyee made the remarks in response to a New York Times report claiming that US President Donald Trump had asked his top aides about striking Iran’s nuclear facilities.
The Iranian government spokesman underlined that Iran and its Armed Forces will surely give a crushing to the any US possible attack.
The NY report said Trump floated the idea last Thursday during a meeting with the US vice president, the secretary of state and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, among others. They dissuaded Trump by warning him that an attack on Iran could escalate into a broader conflict in the last weeks of his presidency. Trump has unleashed a campaign of threats and sanctions against Tehran since he pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal in 2018.
Trump, a stern critic of the historic deal, unilaterally pulled Washington out of the JCPOA in May 2018, and unleashed the “toughest ever” sanctions against the Islamic Republic in defiance of global criticism in an attempt to strangle the Iranian oil trade, but to no avail since its "so-called maximum pressure policy" has failed to push Tehran to the negotiating table.
In response to the US’ unilateral move, Tehran has so far rowed back on its nuclear commitments four times in compliance with Articles 26 and 36 of the JCPOA, but stressed that its retaliatory measures will be reversible as soon as Europe finds practical ways to shield the mutual trade from the US sanctions.
Tehran has particularly been disappointed with failure of the three European signatories to the JCPOA -- Britain, France and Germany -- to protect its business interests under the deal after the United States' withdrawal.
On January 5, Iran took a final step in reducing its commitments, and said it would no longer observe any operational limitations on its nuclear industry, whether concerning the capacity and level of uranium enrichment, the volume of stockpiled uranium or research and development.